Objectif de la formation
Humanitarian and development stakeholders, including NGOs, private sector actors and national governments are seeking the best ways to meet immediate needs while also contributing towards achieving long
- term goals such as the SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals). Within the context of complex crises, traditional short
- term, single
- agency programming that stops at the country level will not be enough to manage the scale of human needs.
Strategic foresight approaches and tools help:
- To maximise the value
- add that humanitarian and development actors can have within complex, ecosystemic crises.
- To think beyond the life
- saving imperative, pre
- empt the future and focus on the development of local resilience.
- To understand the system in which humanitarian and development stakeholders operate and to avoid overestimating of the role that they can play.
- To challenge neo
- colonial mental models of aid.
Description de la formation
This training supports organisations to see how strategic foresight approaches can add value to their current programmatic and organisational practices, increasing their impact and enhancing their contribution to the SDGs. At the end of the training the attendee will:
- Be able to understand complexity and ecosystemic dynamics.
- Know how to create a strategy based on foresight approaches.
- Engage in collaborative and adaptative approaches based on strategic foresight.
- Challenge its current practices of programming and strategy.
- Support its organisation on the path of change and transformation.
The training is aimed primarily at executives, managers and people responsible for operations, programmes, and implementing strategies within companies (CEOs, COOs, Division Directors, etc), NGOs (CEOs, board directors, country directors, regional directors, desk officers, field officers, project managers, technical advisers, etc.), public bodies and territories (local and government representatives, directors, officers, authorities, etc.) and, more generally, all stakeholders in the humanitarian and development sector.
This training does not require any specific prerequisites.